Sunday, May 25, 2008

Friday May 25 1979

Clear
72 degrees

Partly cloudy today with some evening showers. School was OK- it was a long week-I'm glad its Friday! Carol and I got gas somehow the mustang's door was dented. I think out in front of my house. Could have been kids. John (Gustafon) will fix it next week. Watched T.V. late, good programs- "Hot Rod", "Vanishing Point".


Modern note: This period is during the final full year of college for me. I changed my major from Biology pre-med to Geology as I fell in love with the subject, professors, fellow students (only about 15 total) and the field trips. I loved Biology, but there was a coldness to my fellow Bio students on their way to med school. All except one, my good friend Bea Beatrix H. White. She was a brilliant Quaker girl from Morton, Delaware County. She became a doctor and researcher and I lost touch with her around this time. We should have been a couple, but I was totally loyal to my childhood sweetheart and neighbour Carol Padden. We spent all of our free time then at car shows, working at John "Gus" Gustafson's auto body in Ottsville, PA, or cruising around. Most of my social life then involved the car show circuit, when I was a high level Shelby Club member and judge.

No comments: