Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday May 27 2008 Summerside, PEI

Well today was very windy and cool, then it was warm enough for a bit to don the shorts and a tee shirt again. I took a walk and caught a few minutes of rays from warm sun. Its now about 6:30 PM and dark cool clouds and raindrops loom.As usual I can open the big old windows for air, but only for a short time. I will be going back to Moncton for a second meeting tomorrow. I am to be there at 2 o'clock. The environmental manager will be in town and David wants me to speak to him. I also had a call from a lady in Calgary about a sales position with an equipment manufacturer. It sounded somewhat interesting too.

Regarding my trip to Phoenix around the ninth of June, I still have no confirmation. The principal involved will be on vacation with his kids at Disney World until the sixth. With some luck, Joey and I will be in a campground somewhere by then-I told the headhunter in Scottsdale to try and set everything up and I will contact him on the sixth or seventh. I have concerns about all this travel at this particular moment, but it is time to push forward.

Shel was here last night somewhat an unexpected surprise. I didn't make enough food for her to have dinner, which made me a bit sad. She was here a long time working on her computer issues. She needs to send her story to a writing contest by Friday. My printer is out of ink, and I can't tell her that until tomorrow. If she comes in before Friday, I may be able to one of these other printers working. She called her mom last night. Apparently, Kim is having a lot of problems with Denise. There are some bad problems in all that. I feel we were really able to help and support Kim when we were out west. Now she is at the mercy of Shel's unforgiving family-a feeling I have known well almost 18 years.

So tomorrow should be interesting. After that, it will be time to ready all for the trip south. I am waiting for the final decision when I talk to Joey Thursday and finally see Shel Saturday. There are still a bunch of details to work out. Its been quite a while since I have been off island and out of Canada. I really miss it just thinking about it. It reminds me of when I left New Britain to go to Harrisburg to work so long ago. But I have been travelling my whole life. The road usually renews me. Maybe, finally, this will be the last difficult trip.

No comments: